Shop Your Home: Repurposed Birdhouse Garland!

Happy Wednesday, Friends! Every so often, I like to shop my home for "new" decor.  This time I repurposed some old Christmas ornaments...

Repurposed birdhouse garland
These cute metal birdhouses were part of my Christmas decor for several seasons.  I haven't used them for the last few years, but wasn't quite ready to part with them.  I gave them some fresh paint and added them to this mini garland I bought last year at one of my favorite holiday craft sales.  Here it is hanging on the mirror over my mantel: 

Repurposed Birdhouse Garland

On my last post, I shared some of my fall favorites from previous years. This garland is a sneak peek and you'll notice I didn't include the mantel, because I'm saving it and this year's fall decor for the fabulous Blogger Fall Tour, hosted by Brenda at Cozy Little House!  I am so excited to be included--4 days featuring 28 blogs from September 15-18.  My tour will be on the final day and check out the line up; some of my very favorite blogs!  Be sure to follow along for lots of fall inspiration!


Fall home tour


Is there something in your home waiting to be recreated? 




You may also enjoy:


Vintage vanity mirror



Repurposed piano bench






Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Very cute! I love recreating...it's my hobby!! :) Can't wait to see the rest at your home tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cute re-purpose idea, Cecelia! Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That came out darling! A very clever repurpose! I hope your summer went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea! I always have so many crafty ideas of things I want to make that I get behind on projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little bird houses. With the reflection in the mirror, it looks like a double garland. Hope you have a great week with your Mom.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Love the bird houses- nice to find a fresh look for them. Hm, what can I repurpose? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so much "last season" stuff that I could probably repurpose instead of buying new! You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I was just thinking that I should go through my ornaments and change some up. I want a white, gold and silver Christmas this year so I'm seeing some spray paint in my future :) Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love anything bird themed. Cute repurpose! The fall tour sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever way to bring these sweet bird houses back to life. Thanks for sharing at VIP, Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!