15 Minute Thrift Store Candle Sconce Bird Feeder



Happy Wednesday Friends! Are you ready for another 15 Minute Fix? I've promised these simple projects and mini makeovers can be completed in 15 minutes or less. Well today's quickie definitely falls into the or less category...


thrift store candle sconce bird feeder



It was way back in November when I found this thrift store candle sconce. While I love the ornate iron piece, I don't have the right spot for it indoors and it's taken me some time to consider the best use for it in the garden.


thrift store candle sconce bird feeder



Then one day it dawned on me, that the place originally intended for the candle was the perfect depth to hold bird seed! So then my challenge reverted back to "where?" again, as I pondered a good place to hang it. It's quite heavy, which was one consideration. Another was that I hoped to hang it in a place that I might also view from indoors which is how I decided upon this tree. It's also home to my little bluebird, one of the first items I purchased to decorate my garden. Years ago, I bought him on clearance at Target during the winter hoping to add some color during the drab months. This tree is outside my bedroom window but back then the garden was pretty bare and there was no ivy yet, so I painted him the pretty blue shade and placed him in the tree. (The base of the bird has a little screw on attachment.) Since then, the garden has thrived and all these years later my bluebird makes the perfect companion to my repurposed bird feeder! 


thrift store candle sconce bird feeder



As you might imagine, the bulk of my 15 minutes for this project went into figuring where to hang it--though I did spend about 5 minutes giving it a fresh coat of white spray paint. I love the original cream color indoors, but when it comes to the garden I prefer bright colors or bright white ;) Eventually, the patina will be weathered and that will be even better! Last, I added bird seed to the candle dish. 



thrift store candle sconce bird feeder


My Thrift Store Addiction




thrift store candle sconce bird feeder



Check out my other repurposed bird feeders!


repurposed bird feeder from a vintage match holder




repurposed frame bird feeder



My Thrift Store Addiction signature



party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. All are great ideas!! I really like the sconce used as a feeder! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! It does make the perfect bird feeder! And your blue bird is a cute touch. All your garden touches just make me smile! How's it going? It was hard not to come visit while we were in Fredericksburg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious and what a perfect use! You have such a magical garden:)
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is the sweetest thing! I love it! I may have to figure out how to attach one to our fence since we don't have trees. And then to keep the squirrels away......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love unusual bird feeders and this one is really pretty in your Secret Garden. Good job Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great uses one and all! I like to see uniqueness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easy upcycle & cute as can be! I love decorative things like that candle sconce, and it's perfect as a bird feeder. I like the birdfeeder in the old matchbox too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great bird feeders here! Thanks for sharing at the Pleasures of the NW DIY party - and thanks for being a part of the fun since the beginning!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!